Saturday, April 16, 2011

delicious *free* choc cake recipe

Well, I haven't had much time to cook lately due to starting a new job. I was interstate last week spending time with my new colleagues and it turns out my new boss is vego! She made a delicious vegan chocolate cake for morning tea. She was also kind enough to forward the recipe so I decided to whip up some cupcakes for a bbq yesterday. Thanks Amanda :)

Here's the recipe at Allrecipes.com.au.

These pics are my own. I made the icing with 2 teaspoons melted vegan margarine, about 1 and a half cups of icing sugar, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and a bit of warm water to get a smooth consistency.

They turned out soft, spongy and delicious. The recipe link is for a full cake, so for cupcakes I only cooked them for about 20-25 minutes. The mix made about 20 cupcakes.


This recipe is so fast and easy and you would have most of the ingredients in the cupboard already. No excuses then! Give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment