What you need;
half a head of cauliflower
a small broccoli
a big carrot (or 2 little ones)
2 juicy lemons
5 or 6 cloves of garlic ... yep, I like garlic
1.5 litres boiled water
1 massel chicken stock cube
1 massel veggie stock cube
hot chilli (either fresh or powdered)
1 cup jasmine rice
What you do;
1) First things first, put the stock cubes in the boiled water and sit aside so the stock dissolves.
2) Heat some olive oil in a pot then fry the crushed garlic and about 2 teaspoons of crushed ginger (I use the stuff in a jar). Add the chopped carrot, broccoli and cauliflower and fry for around 5 minutes.
3) Add the stock/water to the pot, bring to the boil and reduce heat to simmer. Add the juice of two lemons and about 1 teaspoon of lemongrass (if you're using the crushed stuff from the jar - if it's the sliced stuff from the jar, you can use a bit more).
4) Add as much chilli as you like and let simmer, covered, for about 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are cooked to your liking.
5) Meanwhile, cook your jasmine rice.
6) When the veggies are done, add a bunch of chopped coriander to the soup. Serve on a bed of jasmine rice.