Monday, February 28, 2011

Trying new things

I made a yummy dinner tonight - so yummy I didn't get a chance to take a photo of it before it was devoured - I'm sure I'll be making it again though.

Three things on the plate;

This awesome mushroom recipe I found on Taste.com.au.



















To accompany the mushrooms I made cous cous in Massel chicken stock (vegan) with crushed peanuts, fresh parsley and Parmazano (vegan parmesan cheese substitute). The third thing on the plate was grilled asparagus covered in olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt.

Speaking of cheese substitutes, I generally don't love 'em, but Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese is a really nice spread.


 
I usually eat Helga's bread but was getting a bit bored with it so picked up something new today. Lawson's Traditional Bread is so delicious!

I hadn't tried it before. I got the seed and grain one and put the Tofutti on it with sliced tomato and a bit of salt. So simple and so yummy. I'm hoping it freezes well because the loaf is pretty big. A great new find. Yay for Lawson's! 

No comments:

Post a Comment